Monday, June 23, 2008

George Carlin 1937-2008

I am in a state of shock as I have just learned that George Carlin died of heart failure at the age of 71. FUCK!!!!!!
I remember staying up late one Saturday night with my brothers to watch him host the very first Saturday Night Live. This is a huge loss.
It seems we keep losing the greats this year. George Carlin always made me laugh and think. His books are hysterical. I even loved his short lived sitcom on Fox back in the 90's. His work was Kevin Smith proved that Kevin Smith taste. His stand up was insanely funny. George Carlin is an institution. There will never be anyone else like him. He was in a class by himself. This hit me like Hunter S. Thompson, Johnny Carson, John Belushi and Charles Bukwoski. George Carlin will be missed. I can assure you that I will miss him any time I watch Real Time With Bill Maher. Thank you for everything you did, George Carlin.







No comments:

Add This

Bookmark and Share

RSS Feed

AddThis Feed Button